Friday, July 8, 2011

Nothing to say....

is by god one hell of an overstatement.


In fact there are plenty of things to say, that said the month of June was fairly empty for me here, only thing of note in that month for me was chilling with a buddy of mine in Asakusabashi that i haven't seen since high school. kind of an odd friendship between the two of us, were more rivals or competitors in school than anything else, we were civil and competitive, but that's about it. Oh through the power of Facebook and social media. In fact that's how we were able to meet for drinks one way the hell too humid night in Tokyo. Just a quick "Greetings from Tokyo" and a few Weeks I'm having grilled beef and Asahi beer with my friend Travis, just talking about old times in high school, old being four years ago from this point, and we realized that very few have gone on to do things outside of Kentucky.

Now, I'm not trashing Kentucky, but after High School and college, leave the damn nest. You don't have to go very far, or stay away forever, but live your life away from where you were raised. it is the unknown and the experiences we gain from them that make us stronger. In my opinion staying close to home and never forging out is what causes weakness to grow in a community, tightly knit just means that the mold has collapsed in on itself, as i like to say, "You must always keep learning and practicing, the moment we stop to reflect on our accomplishments is when we begin our fall", that doe snot mean to not look proudly on what you have done, especially if it is something to be proud of, but do something with your life to make yourself better than you were. If you do not seek to improve and hone your mind, skills, or body then you do not have a place in the world. EVERYONE must do something with their lives and should make something of yourself. people throw around the words 'destiny, and 'fate', now I am not saying that they're wrong, and I'm not saying that free will exists, what i am saying is to seize control and make yourself into a better person, even IF it IS predetermined, have a strong enough force of mind and will to believe that YOU are the one making things happen for yourself. Afterall an optimistic attitude feels better, even if it is an ignorant one. I took my own life into my hands and Enlisted in the Air Force to be coddled by Uncle Sam, my friend Travis Used his skills as an ASL interpreter to land a job in Washington, my friend Nick is VERY VERY heavily involved in the Venus project, what exactly are you doing with yourself.


last Weekend, i climbed Mt. Fuji, and made it to the Summit.
Climb Mt. Fuji, life goal for you, last Saturday for me, do something with your freaking life.









No comments:

Post a Comment